Friday, April 4, 2014

A useful small tool - BASH History Suggest Box

One day, I was reading the updates from freecode.com. I noticed this small utility BASH History Suggest Box, it looks interesting from its screenshot:

I decided to give it a try. It is very useful, it reminds me the history window of 4DOS command line interpreter at the old DOS days.

I thought this tool is quite useful for some people, so I submitted the build scripts for my favorite Linux distribution Slackware to SlackBuilds.org. The build script is not yet shown up on the official SlackBuilds.org, you could not search it yet. It is just updated (2014-04-13), and you could now search from SlackBuilds.org or use sbopkg. You could still download the build script here.

P.S. There maybe segmentation fault on some system for the official 1.2.1 release, a patched from upstream git tree is included in the build script (sigseg.patch), if you are building for other system, you may need to apply the patch first before build.

P.P.S Updated to 1.3, and remove the unnecessary patch in the script. Should be in Willy's tree soon. Note the package name has changed from "hstr" to "hh".

No comments: